"Please don't shoot videos, edit them and call them Films"
Saransh Mohite is a multiple personality. It seems he has been gifted with several brains and the best quality he makes most of it from everything. He looks very simple, With the aim of film maker in his carrier till now he have made many short films like:
Out of these
MUMBAI SEPIA (2008)
THE TREASURE (2009)
THE END (2010)
were screened at MAMI INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL (Dimensions Mumbai)
1) Are you personally inspired by any short film maker?
Kurt Kuenne (VALIDATION)
Ashwin Kumar (Little Terrorist)
I opted to be a film maker because of the era of technology, it gives me liberty to make my film the way i want , plus no one’s happy to meet a Doctor, and generally they love to meet a film maker.
3) You are very young in this industry but still successful?
I think being successful is a matter of perception. As for me, looooooong way to go.
4) It is believed that you faced with lot of criticism about your profession initially, so did it bother you?
Yes there is criticism and No it doesn't bother, everyone has right to have their opinion.
5) How did u cope up with that?
I showed them my film.
1)SOUND SLEEEP - As it starts Dilip Prabhawalkar, a legendary Marathi Actor I experienced how is to work with truly great actor and even a great human being who supported me for my very first short film.
2) COLOURS: It had an enthusiastic 71 year Old person working happily for 8 straight hours.
3) THE TRESURE: I wanted a white person to act so I actually asked several tourists and other white people that i saw one road. Finally one (Woody) agreed and we shot his part at his place.
7) What is your reaction if your film is not selected in top 3 in any competition?
Generally it is not. :) but the reasons could be numerous. either the jury did not understand the film, they didn't find it good enough to qualify or They didn't like it or they simply liked other three more. but it doesn't bother me much, I like making movies for people rather than statues (awards).
8) Your best ever short film made why?
Generally intelligent people like SOUND SLEEEP while majority appreciate COLOURS I love them All..
9) Any advice or suggestions to future film makers?
Please don't shoot videos, edit them and call them Films. Short films makers are hard working people.... and to the real short film makers “Make films for the love of it.... success would come in. ”
10 ) Views about CDTV Media
I think it is doing a great job of supproting the short film maker. now that you interviewed me I like you for that as well :
Interviewed by Ms.Kenali Mehta on March 2011.