Director's name : Atlee Kumar
Direction: Very good
Editing: Very good (Professional)
Cinematography : Very good (Professional)
Screenplay : Very good
Locations : Very good
Playback music : Very good
Acting : Very good
Mugaputhagam is a variety concept embedded with essentials like comedy, friendship, love and all other aspects necessary for a good entertaining film. On the whole, this film outstands with a nice message for younger generation. Writer Balakumaran gleams at the suspense knot of "Mugaputhagam" and remarked that editing was too good. The screenplay remains as a backbone and turns audience with fingers crossed. An informative and awarness project for youngsters. Comedy sequences are really a boosts to the entertaining level of this film. Colour grading added sense to the look and feel of "Mugaputhagam". Music was pleasant and added texture to the playback feel. The awesome talent and skill of the crew is felt when the concept what they tend to impel on the viewers is felt by the audience. Cheers to the whole crew for making a remarkable film.
1. This film seem to be certified as "S" since it is well noted and enjoyed by users of social networking sites but still it out stands with a nice message.
2. Though it is not conveyed like whether to avoid strange friends from Facebook or to accept them, a awarness has been created and leaves a question to the audience to think.
3. Sound effect for displaying film title is given like writing with a chalk piece. Though it does not cater to the concept, visually it looks appealing.
4. Statutory warning text can have been displayed or alcohols(beer) usuage can have been avoided but it becomes mandatory for the script since these four guys are staged like that they drink beer. In that case, not an issue.
5. The dialogue "I'm in a meeting. Talk to you later" is quite not understood for first time since audio level seem to be low or may be that dialogue can have been said more clearly however sub-title clears the confusion. So not a problem.
6. The love can have been concentrated more in order to feel the climax even more in a sensitive and emotional manner.
Status : Very good
Rating : 3.5 out of 5 stars
Bottom line : Must watch film for younger generation.
Review strictness : 2/5
Other important links :
> Interview of Director Atlee > Screening of Mugaputhagam in AVM